If you are already using a new Lumia 950 or 950 XL Windows 10 Mobile device then you will want to check for a new firmware update that is rolling out to those handsets.
Yesterday, a Microsoft support engineer posted in the Microsoft Answers Mobile Devices Forum and confirmed this new update was being made available to owners of the Lumia 950 and 950 XL flagship devices.
The new firmware version will be 01078.0027.15506.020xx - for reference my AT&T Lumia 950 is currently on firmware 01078.0017.15454.29031.
According to Microsoft this update will address the following areas:
- Stability and performance improvements.
- Improvements for SD memory card support.
- Improvements for automatic display brightness settings.
- Fix for a camera problem that was causing noisy images in low-light conditions for some users.
- Fix for a 4K video problem that was causing stripes to show up while playing back recorded videos for some users.
I know for myself I have had some poor low light images at times but the automatic brightness was the biggest distraction. If I was in a dark room and hit the power button on my Lumia 950 there would be a strong flash of brightness which would then adjust to a lower brightness level. It was so distracting I disabled automatic brightness adjustments. Hopefully, this update will address that otherwise I will just stay on manual for that.
From what I have seen on social media some handsets have already received this new firmware update while others, including my AT&T Lumia 950, continue to wait for it to arrive.
Have you seen the update on your own handset yet?