Microsoft offers up a free eval version of Windows Home Server:
Can't wait to centralize and showcase your family's memories and media? Order the Windows Home Server 120-Day Evaluation Kit today. You're just a few clicks away from a new digital life.
What will you receive?
- Windows Home Server Installation DVD
- Windows Home Server Connector CD
- Home Computer Restore CD
Are you ready?
This software is intended for evaluation purposes only. In order to preserve your existing data, you must backup prior to installation. The setup process for server installation will erase any existing data.
To install the Windows Home Server 120-Day Evaluation Kit, you need:
- Computer with 1 GHz Pentium III (or equivalent) or faster processor
- 512 MB of RAM or more
- 70 GB or larger ATA, SATA, or SCSI hard drive as the primary hard drive and any number of additional hard drives of any size
- DVD drive—your home server must be capable of booting from this drive
- VGA or higher-resolution monitor for software installation
- Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device (needed only during initial home server software installation)
- 100 Mbps or faster Ethernet network interface card
To run Windows Home Server, your home network must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Internet broadband router/firewall device with a 100 Mbps or faster wired Ethernet connection for your home server
- Windows Home Server assumes that your home computers get their IP address from the router/firewall device on your home network
- Broadband connection (fees may apply)
A wireless connection between Windows Home Server and your network is not supported. You must have a wired Ethernet port available on your router/firewall device for your Home Server. However, home computers connected wirelessly to a wireless router/firewall device in your home can access your Home Server.
Order your 120-day trial.
Why wait? Order the Windows Home Server 120-Day Evaluation Kit now to protect, connect, and organize your photos, videos, music and more.