If you use System Center Configuration Manager, it might be worth your time to check out the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Dashboard, now available as a free download. From Microsoft’s site, the key benefits of the dashboard are:
- Actionable information out of the box. The dashboard comes with valuable, built-in datasets that IT managers can access without using the Configuration Manager console.
- Centralized, near-real-time access to key information. The graphical dashboard lets customers view any Configuration Manager data set in near-real time—without leaving their desk.
- Easy to build and configure. The dashboard’s wizard-based tools let customers easily create new dashboards in minutes.
- Easy to customize. The dashboard can easily be customized to meet the needs of different departments and other groups. Any data set in the Configuration Manager database can be presented on the dashboard, in chart, gauge, and table formats.
- Flexible & interactive. Users can easily filter data and create ad hoc, custom views. Filters allow users to quickly drill down from high-level to more specific data.