When you run the Gpresult.exe on a Windows Server 2003 domain controller, it should display the following computer account group memberships:
BUILTIN\Administrators Everyone BUILTIN\ Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access BUILTIN\Users Windows Authorization Access Group NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users This Organization ComputerName$ Domain ControllersWhen you run it on one your Windows Server 2003 domain controllers, it displays the following strange memberships:
Everybody Administrators Authenticated UsersThis behavior is indicative of promoting a Windows Server 2003 computer without having previously joined it to a domain as a member server.
To prevent this behavior in the future, join the server to the domain before you promote it.
To correct the problem with your server:
1. Remove the network cable from the problem domain controller.
2. Shutdown and restart the problem domain controller.
3. Establish the network connection.
4. Shutdown and restart the problem domain controller.
5. Run Gpresult.exe to verify that problem is resolved.