The default group policy settings do not premit and ordinary domain user to FTP to a Windows 2000 IIS domain controller.
To change the group policy:
1. Administrative Tools / Domain Controller Security Policy.
2. Expand the Security Settings and press Local Policies / User Rights Assignment.
3. Right-click Log on Locally and press Security.
4. Press Add and Browse to select (click) the group you wish to add.
5. Press Add and OK.
6. Press OK in the Add user or group dialog to close it.
7. Press OK in the Security Policy Setting dialog to close it.
8. Close the Domain Controller Security Policy window.
NOTE: If you don't want to wait for the group policy to refresh, open a CMD prompt and type:
secedit /refreshpolicy machine_policy /enforce