The retail version of Internet Explorer, "Internet Explorer Plus," hits retail stores this week. Though the suggested retail price is $49, Microsoft is offering a $20 mail-in rebate through the end of the year.
Internet Explorer Plus includes the entire suite of Internet Explorer 4.0 applications (that you can download for free from the Microsoft Web site) but also includes the following special third-party product bundles:
- Connected Online Backup: protects valuable data through automated, encrypted backups to remote servers.
- Cyber Patrol: enables parents and schools to manage children's access to Web sites.
- Net.Medic: monitors, diagnoses and corrects Internet performance problems automatically.
- WebScanX: scans incoming Web content and e-mail for viruses, helping ensure a virus-protected Web-surfing environment.
- "Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 in Action," book from Microsoft Press: teaches users to create state-of-the-art Web pages that exploit the Dynamic HTML technology in Internet Explorer 4.0.
- Internet connection offers from AT&T WorldNet and MSN: provide two months of free Web surfing time.