A. I recently described how to enable XP's Remote Desktop setting. You can also use the registry to configure this setting by performing the following steps:
- Start the registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server.
- Double-click fDenyTSConnections.
- Change the value of this setting to 0 to enable Remote Desktop or 1 to disable it, and click OK.
- Close the registry editor, and reboot the computer for the change to take effect.
Learn more about Windows XP's Remote Desktop feature from "Remote Desktop Troubleshooting Tips."