A. First you must install the File Server Resource Manager (FSRM) component (Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, Management and Monitoring Tools, File Server Resource Manager). After doing so, you can run storage reports interactively by performing these steps:
- Start the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) File Server Resource Manager snap-in (Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, File Server Resource Manager).
- Right-click the Storage Reports Management leaf in the left pane and select Generate Reports Now.
- The Storage Reports Task dialog box will open. Go to the Settings tab, and click Add in the Scope section to select the volumes/folders you want to include in the report. Next, in the Report data section, select the reports you want to run and click Edit Parameters for each report to customize application settings to that report. Finally, in the Report Formats section, select the desired output formats, as the figure shows.
- By default, the report will be saved to the %systemdrive%\storagereports\interactive folder. If you want to also email it to someone, select the Delivery tab, select the "Send reports to the following administrators" check box, and enter the email addresses separated by a semicolon. Click OK to begin the report generation.
- Select whether you want to have the generated reports display automatically or simply have them stored in the default location for viewing later, as the figure shows. Click OK. You can view the reports in the default folder (or whichever folder you configure to store them). The figure shows a sample report output.