A. Persistent connections are those which are recreated after you logoff and logon again. It may be desirable to stop this and so a registry entry exists to disable users from creating persistent connections:
- Start the registry editor (regedt32.exe)
- Move to HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Network\Persistent Connections
- Double click on SaveConnections
- Change to 'no' (don't type the quotes). Click OK
- Close the registry editor
The above would disable for new users. To disable for current users perform the same but on the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Network\Persistent Connections\SaveConnections value.