Q: How do I enable function keys on the Windows 8 onscreen keyboard?
A: It's possible to enable a full keyboard that exposes the function keys. This is performed as follows:
- Open up the Charms (WinKey + C).
- Select the Settings charm.
- Select Change PC Settings from the bottom of the screen.
- Select the General workspace.
In the Touch keyboard settings change the Make the standard keyboard layout available to On.
- Open the onscreen keyboard
Select the change keyboard type and a new full keyboard option is available. Select it.
The keyboard now has more keys, including the FN (function) key.