Q: I'm running a Linux OS on my device, but I need to run Windows in a virtual machine (VM). What license do I need?

A: To run Windows in a VM on a machine, you need a full Windows license for the virtual OS, also known as a FPP (Full Packaged Product). You could purchase Windows 7 Professional for the machine then add it to your SA if you use SA in your organization.

You can't use a VDA license. Those are used to grant rights for a user to access a remote client OS running on a server in VDI environments. You can't use VDA because the Windows client OS you're accessing is local, not remote.

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.