A. SCVMM 2008 doesn't have built-in high availability capability. The best practice to make SCVMM 2008 highly available is to place SCVMM 2008 in a virtual machine that you've made highly available though host clustering on the Hyper-V servers. Place the SQL Server instance it uses on a highly available SQL Server cluster.
- How do I create a failover cluster in Windows Server 2008?
- Is a Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 mixed-cluster possible?
- How can I add disk resources to a Windows Server 2008 cluster from the command line?
- How do cluster shared volumes work in Windows Server 2008 R2?
- How to Manage Failover Clusters in Windows Server 2008
- Configure Windows Server 2008 Failover Clustering from the Command Line