Q. How do I create a new admin user on an ESXi box?
A. I recently was configuring replication of an ESXi VM to Azure using Azure Site Recovery. As part of this an administrative account on the ESXi host is required. To create a new administrative user on ESXi via vCenter perform the following:
- Select the ESXi host in the vSphere client and select the Users tab when in Inventory workspace
- Right click on the user area and select Add...
- Enter a new login name, user name and password then click OK
- To make the new user an administrator right click on the ESXi host in the navigation pane and select Add Permission...
- Click Add and select the new user you added then click OK
- In the Assigned Role select Administrator then click OK