A. A known problem exists on small business server where more than 10 licenses are installed and the 6th person attempting to logon will fail and an event written to the Application event log:
Event 201: No license was available for user <user name> using product SMBServer 4.0.
To fix the problem perform the following:
- Check the number of installed licenses (Start - Manage Server - About Microsoft BackOffice Small Business Server)
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LicenseInfo\FilePrint
- From the Edit menu select New - DWORD value
- Enter a name of ConcurrentLimit and press Enter
- Double click the new value and set to the number ascertained in step 1 (in decimal mode). Click OK
- Stop and Start the License Logging Service using the Services control panel applet.