A. Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 4 (SP4) includes an updated Telephony API (TAPI) version. NT 4.0 automatically installs the TAPI files when the OS installs SP4.
To enable the telephony server, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the server as an administrator.
- Use User Manager to create or configure a user account with administrator privileges. This account is the user account in which the telephony service process (TAPISRV) runs.
- Open a Command Prompt window, and enter the following command at a command prompt:
tcmsetup.exe /s domain\loginID password
The domain, loginID, and password refer to the user account that you configured. After you execute this command, you receive a message stating that the server was set up correctly.
- Shut down your machine, and restart the server.
After you install and enable the telephony server, enable the clients as follows:
- Log on to the client computer as an administrator.
- Enter the following command at a command prompt:
tcmsetup /c RemoteServerName
RemoteServerName is the telephony server's computer name.