A. You can hide the Active Directory folder under My Network Places so that users won't be able to see or browse the folder but will still be able to search on that directory. To hide the Active Directory folder, perform the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Directory UI subkey (create the subkey if it doesn't exist).
- From the Edit menu, select New, DWORD Value, enter a name of
HideDirectoryFolderand press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, set it to 1, and click OK.
- Close the registry editor.
- Log off and log on for the change to take effect.