Q. I have deployed a Management Pack to Operations Manager however the health states are not being populated. Why?
A. Many Management Packs actually ship with the various health monitors disabled. This means an override must be created to enable the monitor. This is simple to do:
- Open the Operations Manager console
- Select the Monitoring workspace
- Expand the MP folder, e.g. Microsoft Azure, and select a type of monitor, for example Virtual Machine State
- By default State is not normally shown. Right click on the folder for the objects and select Personalize view then enable the State column
- To enable the actual state to be reported right click on an object and select Open - Health Explorer
- Turn off the filter by clicking Filter Monitors
- Expand a monitor group, for example Availability then right click on a monitor and select Monitor Properties
- Select the Overrides tab and click the Override button and select the "For all objects of class:
- Check the Override column for Enabled and set the Override Value to True. You may also wish to override some other values as shown in the example. Select a MP to save the changes (I normally create an Overrides MP for each base MP) then click OK
- Repeat for other monitors
Within a few minutes the state will now be monitored and shown.