Syncfusion, a provider of .NET components and controls, announced the release of a new version--volume 3--of its Essential Studio Enterprise Edition component suite. With this release, Syncfusion enhances its HTML5 tool bag, and introduces a Spreadsheet control, a Gantt control, and a PDF viewer for Windows Presentation Foundation and Silverlight (WPF-SL).
The spreadsheet control allows visualization and direct editing of Microsoft Excel files in an application without using Excel. According to Daniel Jebaraj, Syncfusion vice president, this control is "an industry first on the WPF-Silverlight platform." The spreadsheet control provides an application with Excel-like functionality by including a built-in ribbon toolbar, formula support, and custom configuration.
Syncfusion Spreadsheet control
Other key new features in Syncfusion Essential Studio Enterprise Edition volume 3 include these:
- HTML5 support: the ability to add HTML5 to a website with new Upload, Rating, and ProgressBar controls.
- An easy-to-implement native .NET control PDF reader, which provides visualizations without Adobe, so that developers don't have to involve another control.
- RDL reporting, enabling the visualization of standards-based Microsoft Report Definition Language (RDL) files from WPF-Silverlight applications.
- A new interactive Gantt control with table and chart views, enabling visualization of project status.
- Chart improvements, including charts support 10 different technical indicators important for financial applications, such as Bollinger Bands, MACD, and stochastic and simple averages.
Syncfusion also offers three Essential Studio point solutions: Essential Studio User Interface Edition, Reporting Edition, and Business Intelligence Edition. You can find more information or download a free 30-day trial of Essential Studio Enterprise Edition here.