Telerik Releases RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2008
Telerik announced RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2008 (formerly Prometheus ). Q1 2008 is a landmark release for Telerik s next-generation Web components suite, as it drops its beta tag and Prometheus codename, and officially becomes RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, a complete and mature AJAX-based collection.
This set of components is built entirely on top of ASP.NET AJAX, using its familiar programming model and leveraging completely the power and flexibility of the new Microsoft Web framework. Now featuring more than 20 controls for use in ASP.NET 2.0/3.5, RadControls provides a comprehensive toolset for building richer and more responsive Web applications.
Major highlights of the suite include:
- Unmatched performance as a result of innovative semantic rendering
- Shared client-side scripts across all controls; fewer calls to external CSS files and component scripts with assistance of Telerik Script Manager and CSS Manager controls
- Such client-side capabilities as binding to Web services; rendering on the client; and the ability to add, modify, and remove items on the client
- Familiar API based on ASP.NET AJAX, providing a desktop-like experience
- Effortless single-assembly deployment
- Wide cross-browser compatibility, XHTML and accessibility compliance
- Support for VS2008 and ASP.NET 3.5
- Support for DNN and MOSS
The Q1 2008 release brings additions to RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. The UI suite features three new navigational controls: RadTabStrip, RadPanelBar, and RadToolBar. Unified by the ASP.NET AJAX framework, the new product delivers rich client-side APIs and efficient rendering mechanisms for minimal HTML output. In addition, Q1 introduces another new control, RadFormDecorator, which allows for styling of the basic controls buttons, checkboxes, and radio buttons in any application without the need to generate any additional HTML elements.
Furthermore, this release delivers a number of updates to all components included in the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX suite. Major improvements are found in RadChart, which now features built-in AJAX support for scroll and zoom operations; and RadGrid has been enriched with such new features as calculated columns, footer aggregates that provide summary values for all rows in a column, CardView functionality, and more.
RadScheduler has also been updated. It now has a new, flexible, advanced edit form that can be customized to handle any scheduling data. Another addition to RadScheduler is a Timeline View that makes it easy to see all events for multiple resources over a defined time period.
Price: US$1,299 per developer seat
Web Site: http://www.telerik.com