Stylus Studio 2008 XML Enterprise Suite Released
Stylus Studio 2008, the latest version of the company s XML IDE, is now available for free trial download and online purchase. The new release features all-new tools for XQuery and Web services, as well as increased support for popular databases and industry standards, all geared toward simplifying XML data integration tasks. Here are some of the highlights of Stylus Studio 2008 XML Enterprise Suite:
- MySQL, Informix, and PostgreSQL Support: Stylus Studio bundles the newly released DataDirect XQuery 3.1, allowing you to write XQuery to query relational data, and generate Java or C# code for working with MySQL, MySQL Community Edition, IBM Informix, and PostgreSQL. This is in addition to previously supported relational databases, including Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, and Sybase.
- Support Converting EDI HL7, Standard Exchange Format (SEF), and other Data Formats: Stylus Studio bundles the newly released DataDirect XML Converters 3.1 to help stream bi-directional XML conversion for EDI, CSV, dBase, and many other file formats. New features in DataDirect XML Converters 3.1 include: the SchemaGenerator interface allows you to generate XML Schema for the XML files created during conversion; support for the EDI HL7 dialect; support for the Standard Exchange Format (SEF); HTML to XML conversion; and enhanced error handling.
- WSDL Editor: The new Web Services Description Language (WSDL) Editor helps you visually create and develop WSDL documents. Using the split-screen editor, you can work using graphic components or edit WSDL code. Stylus Studio ensures that both views are kept synchronized, and access to any XML Schema associated with the WSDL document is just a click away.
- C# Code Generation for .NET: In addition to Java, you can now use Stylus Studio to generate C# code for .NET for running your XQuery, XSLT, and XML Pipeline applications.
- Auto-complete XML Fragments: The XML Editor allows you to auto-complete XML fragments when you are editing an XML document that uses included or imported XML Schema.
- XML Schema Editor Enhancements: The XML Schema Editor has a new search feature that allows you to find all constructs in the XML Schema that reference any of the following elements: Global element, Simple global types, or Complex global types. Simply right-click on the element whose references you want to look up, choose Find all references, and Stylus Studio displays the search results in the Output window. Back-mapping also is supported, and pressing F4 moves the cursor to the position in the document where the reference is made.
- XML Pipeline Scenarios: An XML pipeline is a way to express the various steps in processing XML documents. Stylus Studio 2008 XML Enterprise Suite provides powerful graphical tools for expressing XML pipelines in terms of a series of XML operations; for example, converting, validating, transforming, or performing other operations on an XML document. Using the XML Pipeline, Software Architects can easily visualize their XML applications (such as ETL, EII, and EAI applications) at a higher level, and automate many common XML programming tasks, including Java code generation and debugging of XML processing applications. XML Pipeline scenarios in Stylus Studio 2008 XML Enterprise Suite have been simplified and streamlined, allowing you to select an execution framework from a single drop-down list.
Stylus Studio 2008 is available in three product editions: XML Enterprise Suite, XML Professional Suite, and XML Home Edition. Volume discounts, academic discounts and competitive upgrades are available. Annual Upgrade Protection (AUP) is sold separately. Qualifying customers with current Annual Upgrade Protection coverage can upgrade online. If your AUP coverage has expired, or if you are experiencing difficulties upgrading online, send e-mail to mailto:[email protected] (include your original order confirmation e-mail).
Price: Stylus Studio 2008 XML Enterprise Suite, US$595; Stylus Studio 2008 XML Professional Suite, US$350; Stylus Studio 2008 XML Home Edition, US$99.
Web Site: http://www.stylusstudio.com