JetBrains Releases ReSharper 4.0
JetBrains announced the release of ReSharper version 4.0, the company s productivity add-in for Microsoft Visual Studio. This release is spearheaded by across-the-board support for C# 3.0 language, including LINQ, and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 in general. In addition, the upgraded add-in features multiple new usability and productivity-boosting tools, such as standard class library annotations, solution-wide analysis (for C#), versatile code cleanup, new automated refactorings, new and improved code-editing capabilities, and more.
Significant improvements and new features in ReSharper 4.0 include:
- Comprehensive support for C# 3.0. ReSharper not only analyzes new language constructs, but displays suggestions to help migrate to C# 3.0, as well as new warnings to comply with best programming practices. It implements C#3.0-ready refactorings and completes your code with extension methods, lambda expressions, and other new language constructs where appropriate.
- Annotations for .NET Framework class library. Annotations come with a special set of custom attributes that greatly enhance the quality of ReSharper s code analysis, such as the location of possible NullReferenceEx. Even more rewarding is that the set of attributes is available for all users to annotate their own code.
- Solution-wide analysis. ReSharper looks for erroneous C# code in your whole solution on the fly; that is, without compiling it first. It can discover errors that cannot be detected by analyzing a single file.
- Code cleanup. A flexible code compliance and formatting tool that brings together a dozen ReSharper features. In addition to fine-tuning formatting style, you can opt to remove code redundancies, migrate to anonymous types and auto-properties, make fields read-only if possible, optimize using directives, and revamp your C# code with many more settings. Code Cleanup works in batch mode, so you can instantly clean the whole project or solution with a single shortcut.
- New refactorings. New members of the refactoring family are available, including Inline Method and a pack of C# 3.0-specific refactorings. For VB.NET, all refactorings that were previously limited to C# 2.0 are now available for Visual Basic 8.
Productivity features and performance enhancements:
- Complete statement. Inserts the necessary syntax elements (braces, semicolons, etc.) and gets you in position to start the next statement, saving on excessive juggling with the caret.
- CamelHumps in code completion. Lets you complete any symbol by entering only its uppercase characters.
- Live templates editor and manager. Improved user interface for viewing and managing code templates.
- Recent edits. A dropdown list that shows recently modified files and symbols.
- ASP.NET speedup. Significantly accelerated analysis of ASP.NET pages.
ReSharper continues to target a variety of user groups. In addition to the full-featured ReSharper 4.0, JetBrains offers two specialized editions: C# and VB.NET. These language-focused editions exclude a part of the functionality to provide significant savings to end users. To eliminate any confusion, there s now a single download package for all editions.
Complete product information about JetBrains ReSharper is available at http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper?rs40pr. ReSharper 4.0 is available for a 30-day free trial download at http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/download/?rs40pr. No evaluation licenses are required. New customers can purchase ReSharper 4.0 online at http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/buy/?rs40pr.
ReSharper 4.0 is available under commercial and personal licensing. Those who purchased version 3.0 or 3.1 under a special offer are eligible to upgrade for free. A 30-day full-featured evaluation is available.
Web Site: http://www.jetbrains.com