JetBrains Releases dotTrace Profiler 3.0
JetBrains announced the general availability of JetBrains dotTrace 3.0. This release of the company s intelligent profiling tool for Microsoft .NET applications features an increase in the number of performance profiling tools available to its users, a new way to catch memory leaks, and other enhancements and improvements.
The new profiling modes introduced in dotTrace 3.0 include sampling profiling for fastest, minimum-overhead profiling, and routine thread profiling for precision of measurement. dotTrace now offers a versatile set of four performance-profiling tools.
In the memory profiling department, more memory leaks can now be spotted with the help of dotTrace. Developers can see all objects that were finalized without being properly disposed by the code, thus being able to catch intricate memory issues. Overall, developers profiling options are expanded with regard to both the application profiling process and working with profiling results.
Performance profiling enhancements in dotTrace 3.0 include:
- Measuring routine thread time, in addition to the existing wall time profiling mode.
- Fast sampling profiling for getting the fastest picture of an application s performance with the lowest possible overhead.
- The ability to save individual parts of snapshots (tab saving).
- Filtering and folding function call chains in Hot Spots and Back Traces views and filtering function calls in Plain View.
Memory profiling enhancements in dotTrace 3.0 include:
- Non-disposed but finalized objects are detected.
- The possibility to merge strongly-connected objects.
- Navigation to classes source in source preview.
- Information about reachable and held objects is now serialized to disk, eliminating the necessity to recompute it on each memory snapshot opening.
Other enhancements include:
- Profiling ASP.NET applications from Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Profiling ASP.NET applications using Visual Studio Development Web-server.
- Automatic creation of .config files for profiling modes not supported for the .NET 1.1 Framework.
General information about dotTrace 3.0 is available at http://www.jetbrains.com/profiler/index.html?dt30pr. Information on new features is located at http://www.jetbrains.com/profiler/features/newfeatures.html?dt30pr. The release is available for download at http://www.jetbrains.com/profiler/download/. A free 10-day evaluation license enabling full functionality can be requested at the same URL. JetBrains dotTrace can be purchased online at http://www.jetbrains.com/profiler/buy/index.html?dt30pr.
Price: New single-user licenses, US$499; upgrades, US$149. Purchases of dotTrace 2.0 made after April 15, 2007 qualify for a free upgrade.
Web Site: http://www.jetbrains.com