Altova Announces Release 4 of its Version 2004 Product Line
Altova, producers of Altova XMLSPY, announced the immediate availability of Release 4 of its Version 2004 (v2004r4) product line. Among the major enhancements are greatly extended data-mapping functionality in Altova MAPFORCE 2004, a completely redesigned Altova STYLEVISION 2004, and upgrades to XMLSPY 2004.
In addition to the many new features in v2004r4, Altova has also taken steps to provide greater value to its customers. Effective immediately, the Altova Support and Maintenance Package (SMP) now includes coverage for major software releases. Additionally, the company has created two specially priced software bundles.
The two new Altova product suites are comprehensive XML tool sets:
- Altova Enterprise XML Suite includes v2004r4 Enterprise Editions of XMLSPY, MAPFORCE, and STYLEVISION.
- Altova Professional XML Suite includes v2004r4 Professional Editions of XMLSPY, MAPFORCE, and STYLEVISION.
New in MAPFORCE v2004r4. MAPFORCE 2004 maps data between diverse input sources and output targets using a drag-and-drop interface, then automatically generates programming code in Java, C++, and C# for royalty free use. With v2004r4, MAPFORCE will now be offered in two editions: Enterprise and Professional. Some of the many additions to MAPFORCE include:
- Greatly enhanced mapping functionality, which provides the ability to map any combination of XML, database, and EDI data into XML and/or databases.
- Added database support. MAPFORCE now supports all the most popular relational databases: Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, IBM DB2, and Sybase, as well as any ADO/ODBC database.
- The MAPFORCE Engine enables the user to preview the output of any mapping project, even if one or more of the sources is a database or an EDI file, or if the target is a database.
- XSLT files as function libraries lets the user add existing XSLT files as libraries and all named templates in those files automatically become available as data transformation functions.
All New STYLEVISION v2004r4. STYLEVISION has been completely restructured around its graphical stylesheet designer functionality. Now available in Professional and Enterprise Editions, STYLEVISION 2004 supersedes the stylesheet designer application formerly sold with XMLSPY. New features include:
- Database reporting, which allows users to access database data from any major database, process it in XML, and render it into eye-catching HTML pages or PDF reports, all in one simple step.
- AUTHENTIC Forms preview, which provides the ability to design and preview AUTHENTIC Forms, which give business users a non-technical way to enter and edit XML content using the word processor-like interface of Altova AUTHENTIC 2004.
- New support for command-line operations, which allows systems integrators to call its functionality from within other applications without spawning its graphical user interface.
New in XMLSPY v2004r4. Altova has added more advanced functionality to XMLSPY, including:
- A new advanced text view, which provides context-sensitive entry helpers, line numbering, book marking, source folding, indentation guides, detailed find and replace functionality, and significantly increased performance.
- Extended database import/export functionality, which now interacts directly with the most popular relational databases, including Microsoft Access, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, and IBM DB2.
- XML-aware file differencing and merging, which enables the user to intelligently compare the XML content, considering variations in formatting, namespaces, attribute order, etc., and then merge the selected changes.
- New Support and Maintenance Pack. Altova SMP now covers major product updates as well as minor releases and priority technical support. The support period begins on the day of the product purchase and runs for one or two years, depending on the length of the SMP plan purchased.
For a complete list of what's new in v2004r4 visit: http://www.altova.com/whatsnew.html. A 30-day free trial of the software may be downloaded from: http://www.altova.com/download.html. For more information on the new SMP visit: http://www.altova.com/support_package.html. Volume discounts may apply:
- Altova XML Suites are available in two Editions: Enterprise and Professional, with prices for a single-user license starting at US$1,499 and US$749, respectively.
- Altova XMLSPY is available for purchase in two editions: Enterprise and Professional, with prices for a single-user license starting at US$999 and US$499, respectively.
- Altova MAPFORCE is available in two editions: Enterprise and Professional, with prices for a single-user license starting at US$599 and US$249, respectively.
- Altova STYLEVISION is available in two editions: Enterprise and Professional, with prices for a single-user license starting at US$599 and US$249, respectively.
- Altova AUTHENTIC is available under a free software license.
- Altova SMP can be purchased for 25% of the product price for a one-year period or 20% of the product price per year for a two-year period.
Web Site: http://www.altova.com