In a recent poll, we asked what you need help with in SharePoint. Security is currently ranking No. 1, with 40% of users naming it as their top concern.
Those who are worried about SharePoint security may want to check out Metalogix's Insider Threat Index, a tool that measures insider threat in SharePoint installations. Even just considering the kinds of vulnerabilities the tool looks for will make you more secure (or at least more aware of what to be focusing on).
- Assigning direct permissions to users
- Incorrect use of All Authenticated Users group
- Isolation of managed service accounts
- Broken inheritence
- Separation of duties for farm administrators
- Overuse of granular permissions
- Active Directory blind spots
- Lack of proactive monitoring
- Inconsistent audit monitors
How does your installation fare on these measures? What others would you add? Do you feel that the insider threat is looming over SharePoint? Please let us know in the comments section below.
For more information on the Metalogix tool, click here.