A. At first glance, it can be hard to see where to set the certificate to use for HTTPS with IIS 7. To set the certificate, perform the following:
- Select the website for which you wish to configure the certificate (e.g. Default Web Site).
- Select the Content View.
- Click the Edit Bindings... action.
- The Site Bindings dialog will display. Select HTTPS and click Edit.
- Select the certificate to use for HTTPS and click OK.
- Click OK to all other dialogs.
Click to expand.
If the certificate you want to use isn't available, select the IIS server in IIS Manager with Features View selected. Under IIS, select Server Certificates and use the Import action.Related Reading:
- Understanding IIS 7.0 Authentication
- IIS 7.0 on Server Core
- Q: Do I still need to install the URLscan tool on my Microsoft IIS 7.0 Web server to filter malicious data from incoming HTTP requests?
- Configuring IIS 7.0 from the Command Line
Check out hundreds more useful Q&As like this in John Savill's FAQ for Windows. Also, watch instructional videos made by John at ITTV.net.