A. The Windows 2000 Certification Service installation adds a virtual directory called CertSrv pointing to %systemroot%\System32\CertSrv. You can use this directory to request certificates over an intranet.
- Go to http://<Certificate Authority server>/certsrv.
- Select Request a certificate, and click Next.
- Select User Certificate, and click Next.
- Click More Options to see various Cryptographic Service Providers (CSPs). Selecting Advanced lets you set the key size, hash algorithm, etc.
- Click Submit.
- After the certificate generates, click Install this certificate, which the Screen shows.
Click here to view image
- Close the Web page.
After the certificate installs, you can use the user’s Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Certificates snap-in to view it.