In the article “Select SharePoint Online plans to be retired July 1, 2014,” Microsoft announced that it is retiring SharePoint Online plans on July 1, 2014. Here are the plans that are affected:
- SharePoint Plan 1 w/ Yammer
- SharePoint Plan 2 w/ Yammer
- Office Online w/ SharePoint Plan 1
- Office Online w/ SharePoint Plan 2
- Corresponding Government and Academic plans will be retired as well
What this means is that current subscribers to one of the above plans need to transition to a new plan by the expiration date (June 30, 2015, 2016, or 2017 depending on the channel or program). A table at the article tells more, plus there are FAQs for current subscribers and for new subscribers.
The article notes that this doesn’t mean that SharePoint Online is being phased out. “You can continue to buy SharePoint Online standalone if that’s all you need…..”
Here’s the link to the Microsoft announcement again.