In continuation on tricks with VS.NET, here are a few more..
- Ctrl+Shift+B to Build
- Ctrl+F5 to Run
- F5 to Debug
- F8 to Cycle through build errors
- (Ctrl+K) + (Ctrl+H) to add a shortcut to the task list
- (Ctrl+Shift+Space) to bring up the intellisense suggestions window
- (Ctrl+-) to cycle through the code positions you visited and (Ctrl+Shift+-) to navigate in the opposite direction.
- Here are a few tips to work with necessary/useful windows in the visual studio IDE like Properties (F4), Solution Explorer (Ctrl+Alt+L), Output Window (Ctrl+Alt+O), Task List (Ctrl+Alt+K) etc.
Right click on its title and choose Auto Hide to hide the features shown. The window will dock in whenever your mouse is not hovering over it.
- To add your own set of comment tokens (like the TODO comment token), Goto Tools->Options->Environment->Task List->Comment Tokens and make your changes. You can change the priority appearance of each comment token too.
Hope these helps !!