I profiled Adam Machanic's (blog |
twitter) excellent stored procedure, SP_WHOISACTIVE, back in August of 2010.
Adam has been diligent about maintaining the tool and adding new features. The latest release can be found here - http://sqlblog.com/files/folders/beta/entry35046.aspx.
Some new features in this release (and I quote):
Who is Active v10.99
- CPU deltas can now use real-time thread-based metrics for more accurate data (use both @delta_interval and @get_task_info = 2)
- command_type information added to [additional_info] column for active requests
- Query plans that are not able to be rendered due to XML data type limitations will now be returned in an encapsulated text form
- Fixed bug where system processes were sometimes reporting start times in the future
- Fixed bug where @get_locks sometimes failed with a constraint error