Index maintenance is absolutely critical to database performance, yet a number of organizations don't have a decent solution in place. Often, SQL Server database administrators (DBAs) find themselves seeking a good solutions because:
- building your own solution takes way too long
- the organization won't pay for a third party product
- other options available don't meet the needs of your system
10 Minion Reindex Features
- Automated operation – Run the Minion Reindex installation scripts, and it just goes.
- Easy mass installation – Install Minion Reindex on hundreds of servers as easily as you can on one.
- Granular configuration without extra jobs – Configure extensive settings at the default, database, and/or table levels with ease.
- Database and table reindex ordering – Reindex databases and tables in exactly the order you need.
- Flexible include and exclude – Reindex only the databases you want, using specific database names, LIKE expressions, and even regular expressions.
- Live insight – See what Minion Reindex is doing every step of the way, and how much further it has to go.
- Maximized maintenance window – Spend the whole maintenance window on index maintenance, not on gathering fragmentation stats.
- Extensive, useful logging – Use the Minion Reindex log for estimating the end of the current reindexing run, troubleshooting, planning, and reporting.
- Built in manual runs – Choose to only print reindex statements, and run them individually as needed.
- Integrated help –Get help on any Minion Reindex object without leaving SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
Flexible Reindexing Solution
A customizable solution with extensive logging capabilities, Minion Reindex is installed with a set of easily adjustable default settings. You can also override the default settings for individual databases, and for individual tables. Every aspect of reindexing—fill factor, reindex threshold, pre- and post-code, and more—can be fine-tuned at the database and table levels, without the trouble of creating additional jobs.
Related: Best Free SQL Server Tool of 2013
Minion Reindex logs each step of the process as it happens, allowing you to see what's going on inside the maintenance routine, while it's still running, allowing DBAs to answer:
- "How long will the reindex take?"
- "Is it almost done?"
- "Which operation is taking so long?"
Data and live insights also allow you to fine tune your index routines and forecast future index operations.