After months--some would say years--of waiting, the newest version of the on-premise SharePoint has been released to manufacturing.
"Today marks Release to Manufacturing (RTM) of SharePoint Server 2016!" notes Seth Patton, general manager for the SharePoint and OneDrive Product Management team, in a post today. "This is an important milestone in the delivery of this significant release, which includes new capabilities for users, IT pros and administrators, as well as the next generation of hybrid capabilities for SharePoint."
Microsoft also said in the post that cloud hybrid search--which allows on-premises and Office 365 content to be surfaced in one search result--was also available for SharePoint Server 2013 and higher customers starting today.
Here are several resources gathered by Microsoft to make it easier to get up and running with the RTM.
- Download the RTM Trial.
- See what’s new with a demo on Microsoft Mechanics.
- Download the reviewer’s guide.
- Visit TechNet to learn more about the technical details.
- Learn more about cloud hybrid search at hybrid.office.com.
- Join the SharePoint Server 2016 discussion on TechNet.
Please let us know how it goes as you kick the tires!