Q. I'm using Azure Site Recovery. How do I configure the VMs created via ASR to use Hybrid Use Benefit for licensing?
A. To use Hybrid Use Benefit (HUB) licensing for VMs a special switch is required as documented in FAQ "How can I create VMs in Azure that take advantage of Hybrid Use Benefit"?. To configure that for VMs created with Azure Site Recovery you use:
Set-AzureRmSiteRecoveryReplicationProtectedItem -ReplicationProtectedItem $ProtectedItem -LicenseType WindowsServer
Other useful PowerShell related to the above are shown below:
- Find the azure site recovery vault – Get-AzureRmRecoveryServicesVault/ Get-AzureRmSiteRecoveryVault
- Set the vault context – Set-AzureRmSiteRecoveryVaultSettings -ASRVault/-ARSVault
- Get a list of fabrics in the vault – Get-AzureRmSiteRecoveryFabric
- Get a list of Protection Containers in the fabric – Get-AzureRmSiteRecoveryProtectionContainer -Fabric $FabricObject
- Get a list of protected machines in the protection container – Get-AzureRmSiteRecoveryReplicationProtectedItem -ProtectionContainer $ProtectionContainerObject.