Q: How can I tell if throttling is occurring against my Azure storage?
A: The easiest way to check for storage performance throttling is to leverage Azure monitoring. Perform the following steps:
- Open the Azure portal.
- Select the Storage workspace.
- Select a storage account.
- Select the Configure tab.
- Change the monitoring of BLOBS to at least Minimal.
- On the Monitoring tab, add metrics for Throttling Error and Throttling Error Percentage.
You'll now be able to see any throttling occurring on your account.
You can also add a rule for the throttling metric to generate an alert and send an email message in the event of a certain level of throttling, as the following figure shows.