Q. How do I customize my Azure AD sign-in experience for my users?
A. If you have Azure AD Premium or Azure AD Basic (per http://blogs.technet.com/b/ad/archive/2014/09/15/azure-active-directory-basic-is-now-ga.aspx) you can customize the branding of the Azure AD service sign-in experience and other user access pages. As soon as the service detects an address entered that is part of a customized organization, and the user has an Azure AD Basic or Premium license, the customized experience is shown. To use the customized branding you need a few things:
- A banner logo which is 280x60 in jpg or png format
- A tile logo which is 200x200 in jpg or png format
- A page illustration which must be 500 KB or less in jpg or png format
- Some sign-in page text to display
- A background color in hex format, e.g. #000000 is black. To find other colors a good site to use is: http://www.color-hex.com/
Once you have these requirements configure the customization:
- Open the Azure management portal (https://manage.windowsazure.com/)
- Select the Azure AD navigation node
- Select your Azure AD instance
- Select the Configure tab
- Click the Customize Branding button
Upload the 3 images prepared in the correct box and enter the sign-in text and color value as shown below then click the tick icon
This customization will be displayed once your Azure AD domain is detected in a sign-in address. My example is shown below.