To work with placeholders on a slide, activate the Slide Layout task pane by doing one of the following:
- Right-click the background of the slide and choose Slide Layout.
- Choose Format → Slide Layout.
- Click the drop-down arrow on the title bar of any visible task pane and choose Slide Layout.
- If no task pane is visible, choose View ? Task Pane or press Ctrl+F1.
With the Slide Layout task pane visible, you can:
Change the layout of a slide. Hover over the new layout and click the drop-down arrow that appears. Choose Apply to Selected Slides.
- Reset the layout of a slide. If you have changed the layout of placeholders on a slide and want to reset the layout to the original layout, hover over the original layout and click the drop-down arrow that appears. Choose Reapply Layout.
You can also modify the placeholders or the content that you add to the placeholders:
- You can resize the placeholder by dragging the placeholder's handles.
- You can resize the object that you insert into a placeholder by dragging the object's handles.
- You can delete an object inserted into a placeholder. The placeholder will reappear in its original location and size.
- You can delete an empty placeholder by selecting it and pressing Delete.
- You can reset placeholders on a slide using the Reapply Layout command on the layout's drop-down menu in the Slide Layout task pane.