Available in Adobe Reader format (PDF), Microsoft has released 6 quick reference guides covering all aspects PowerShell 3.0. The PowerShell Language Reference is four-pages, while the rest are two-pages long, giving readers a condensed version of each topic, good for viewing on a mobile device like a Windows 8 tablet. If you're so inclined the format provides for great bedtime reading.
Here's what's included:
- PowerShell_LangRef_v3.pdf - This four-page reference describes operators, arrays, useful commands, methods, and other tips for using Windows PowerShell 3.0. Also included is a Windows PowerShell reading and tutorial resource list.
- PowerShell_ISE_v3.pdf - This two-page reference describes keyboard shortcuts and hotkeys that you can use to navigate Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) more quickly, and introduces the new ISE object model. Also included are tips for configuring $ps.ISE options, profiles, and properties.
- PowerShell_Examples_v3.pdf - This two-page reference describes how to perform popular IT management and scripting tasks by using Windows PowerShell 3.0, including how to fetch data by using Management OData IIS Services, how to schedule jobs, how to install Windows PowerShell Web Access by using Windows PowerShell cmdlets, and how to create new SMB file shares.
- Quick_Reference_SM_WS12.pdf - This two-page reference describes common tasks that you can perform in the new Server Manager console in Windows Server 2012. Quickly learn how to manage remote servers that are running older versions of Windows Server by using the new Server Manager; how to run Server Manager deployment cmdlets for Windows PowerShell; how to save and export Server Manager settings, such as the servers you have added to the server pool, and custom server groups that you have created; where to find Server Manager log files; how to run popular WinRM commands such as creating a new listener; how to install roles and features on offline VHDs; and where to find documentation to help you manage multiple, remote servers by using Server Manager and Windows PowerShell.
- WMI_CIM_PowerShell_v3_1.pdf - This two-page reference describes differences between Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) in Windows PowerShell 2.0 and 3.0. Included are examples of how to find namespaces and classes in WMI, detailed information about CimSession, CimInstance, CIM operations, and invoking a CIM method. The quick reference describes how to get a list of new CIM cmdlets, and defines associations, WQL, WS-Man, WinRM, and CIM indications.
- WMI_CIM_PowerShell_Developers_v3.pdf - This two-page reference describes differences between Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) in Windows PowerShell 2.0 and 3.0 for developers. Included are examples of new APIs and tools in WMI, information about Convert-MofToProvider, and the CIM IDE.
Download the guides: Windows PowerShell 3.0 and Server Manager Quick Reference Guides