A. As with every other Administration tool in Windows 2000, Disk Administrator has been replaced with a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in.
By default it is accessible via the Computer Management MMC snap-in
- Start the Computer Management MMC (Start - Programs - Administrative Tools - Computer Management)
- Select the Storage branch
- Select Disk Management
- Should look familiar
Alternatively create your own MMC console
- Start the MMC (Start - Run - MMC)
- Select "Add/Remove Snap-in" from the Console menu
- Click Add
- Select Disk Management and click Add
- Select Local Computer and click Finish
- Click Close
- Click OK to the main dialog
You now have your own MMC with just the Disk Management. You could save by selecting "Save As" from the Console menu, enter "Disk Admin" as the name and click Save. You will now see under the Programs menu a new folder, My Administrative Tools with Disk Admin as a MMC snap-in.