A. When you use a limited account, you might encounter any of the following problems:
- The program doesn't run.
- The program hangs.
- You receive notification of runtime error 7 or runtime error 3446.
- The program doesn't recognize that a CD-ROM is in the CD-ROM drive.
- The program doesn't let you save, open, or edit files.
- The program displays a blank error message.
- You can't remove the program.
- You can't open the Help file.
These problems occur because the limited user account prevents certain functions from executing. To resolve this problem, contact the program manufacturer for an updated XP version of the program. As a workaround, you can use an Administrator account to run the program by performing the following steps:
- Right-click the program shortcut, then select Properties.
- From the Shortcut tab, click Advanced.
- Select the "Run with different credentials" check box, as this figure shows, then click OK.
- Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.
Now, when you execute the program shortcut, XP will prompt you to enter the user context in which you want to run the program. Select "The following user" and specify a non-limited account.