A. Microsoft included several new features in the new IE 7.0 release, which you can download at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx . The new features include:
- A cleaner interface that has less clutter and includes tabbed browsing. (You can enable the old menus via the Classic Menu selection in the toolbar options.) The figure shows an example of the new interface.
- A thumbnail view called "Quick Tab" that lets you quickly see the content of all current tabbed pages
- Printing that rescales content to fit to a page correctly (without spilling over and losing text)
- Integrated search bar that lets you use a search provider of your choice
- Improved RSS feed experience consisting of highlighting any links to RSS feeds and a new RSS management area to enable easy previewing of RSS feeds and subscriptions
- New security features around ActiveX loading and phishing protection and an easier history deletion process You'll find a complete list of new IE features at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/about/features/default.mspx .