Q. What is Windows Store for Business?
A. Windows Store for Business adds a tab to the Windows Store application where applications can be offered to users in your organization as defined by accounts in your Azure AD tenant. The Windows Store for Business provides not only a separate list of applications but can be used to actually assign licenses for modern applications to users based on group memberships (and dynamic group membership criteria can be used when integrating with a mobile device management solution such as Intune). Windows Store for Business is offered via the cloud and is a free sign-up.
- Navigate to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/business-store and select Sign Up Now
- Enter an Azure AD account and sign in
- Accept the usage agreement
- You will be logged in to the management portal site for Windows Store for Business at https://businessstore.microsoft.com/en-us/Store/Apps
- From here you will see various "hero" applications which you can add to make available via your Windows Store for Business
- When new applications are added it may take several days before they show up in the Windows Store application on machines