As most of you know from reading my articles, I’m a huge fan of WaterField bags. In fact, I don’t carry anything else. You could almost say that I’m a WaterField snob. For local travel, I carry my Surface Pro 4 in the Field Muzetto Bag. For flights, I carry the Surface Pro 4 in the Outback Slip Case inside the Vitesse Messenger bag with the Gear Pouch also shoved in the depths of this monster bag. And, in my checked bag, I have the Curo Dopp Kit storing my sundries.
In a first, WaterField is gearing up to deliver its first Kickstarter campaign for a new type of bag. This one is called the Intrepid Travel Wallet and is scheduled for delivery in time for Apple’s iPhone 7 release – shipping in late October.
Here’s what this wallet is intended to accomplish:
• Play-through iPhone screen for scanning tickets, and for checking emails, texts and apps
• RFID-blocking capability
• Two sizes each with a scratch-free Ultrasuede pocket sized to fit either the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus
• Designated passport pocket
• Included Micro-wallet for coins, keys or other loose items
This looks fantastic and I can’t wait to get my hands on one.
Like any Kickstarter, there’s tiered investments:
• $75 – Production run #1 travel wallet with micro wallet
• $79 – Production run #2 travel wallet with micro wallet
• $119 – Wallet with padded gear pouch
If the need so moves you, the Kickstarter campaign is here: The Intrepid Travel Wallet for iPhone 7