Word provides several methods to select efficiently and accurately.
When you move your mouse pointer into the left margin, the pointer changes into a right-pointing arrow that points back towards the text. This area of your document--the left margin--is called the selection bar. While in the selection bar you can:
- Click to select the current line.
- Drag down to select multiple lines.
- Double-click to select the current paragraph.
When your mouse pointer is over text, you can:
- Drag to select text.
- Double-click on text to select the word.
- Triple-click to select the paragraph.
- CTRL+click on text to select the sentence. Hold the CTRL key and click.