The default formatting that defines Word's built-in styles—particularly the heading styles—is considered by most users to be unsatisfactory. Luckily, you can redefine the formatting to match your preferences.
Follow these steps to redefine a built-in style:
- Apply the built-in style to text.
- Modify the formatting of the text to your preferences.
- Select the correctly-formatted text.
- Update the built-in style to match the selected text.
- Apply the built-in style to the text.
- Add the style to the template.