When you attempt to install a large .msi package or .msp package on Windows Server 2003, you receive:
Error 1718. File <FileName> was rejected by digital signature policy.
This behavior occurs if the server has insufficient contiguous memory to verify that the package is correctly signed.
To workaround this behavior:
01. Start / Run / control admintools / OK.
02. Double-click Local Security Policy.
03. Expand Software Restriction Policies. If no software restrictions are displayed, right-click Software Restriction Policies and press Create New Policy.
04. Double-click the Enforcement Object Type in the right hand pane.
05. Check the All users except local administrators radial button and press OK.
06. Shutdown and restart your server.
07. Install the package while logged on as a user who is a member of the local Administrators group.
08. Repeat steps 1 - 4.
09. Check the All users radial button and press OK.
10. Shutdown and restart your server.
NOTE: This tip applies to Windows XP also.