A. Scheduled tasks that are configured to run with a particular set of credentials have an encrypted password. When you run the Sysprep utility on a system, the information that the computer needs to decrypt the password no longer exists. As a result, the following error is written to the %systemroot%\schedlgu.txt file:
0x8004130f: No account information could be found in the Task Scheduler security database for the task indicated.
To solve this problem, you must reenter the credentials for each task that's experiencing the error by performing these steps:
- Start the Tasks interface (Start, Run, %systemroot%\tasks).
- Right-click the task and select Properties from the context menu.
- At the Task tabbed page, reenter the credentials in the "Run as" box.
- Click the "Set password" button, enter the correct password twice in the displayed boxes, and click OK.
- Click Apply, then click OK.
You might also receive this error when you uninstall Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4). Because the password-encryption method changed in SP4, the scheduled tasks can no longer decrypt the password after you remove SP4.