A. Before you install the SMS OS Deployment Feature Pack, you must install SMS Service Pack 1 (SP1) and the Q888311 hotfix on the SMS server. The hotfix is included with the OS Deployment Feature Pack download in the \Hotfix folder of the expanded executable. Double-click the hotfix file (SMS2003-SP1-KB888311-X86-ENU.exe) and follow the onscreen prompts. After you install the hotfix, your SMS site will be reset, which involves several of the SMS services restarting.
To install the feature pack, perform these steps:
- Double-click the OSDeployment.msi file to start the installation.
- Click Next to go the SMS 2003 OS Deployment Feature Pack Setup introduction screen.
- Select "I accept the license agreement" and click Next.
- You'll see a warning message about the importance of limiting the privileges on the account you use for the unattended installations. Be aware that you can't secure the account's credentials, which means that a malicious user could use them for other purposes. Click Next.
- Click Next to go the installation screen. The process copies the required files to the system and registers several new modules.
- When the installation is done, click Finish.