A. In Windows Vista and later, users can change their picture, which is shown on the Start menu and logon screen. You can enforce a default user logon picture through Group Policy, which will then use the picture located at %PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\user.bmp (e.g. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\user.bmp). You can change user.bmp to an alternate picture, if you prefer. To set the group policy to enforce this default picture:
- Start the Group Policy Management console (gpmc.msc).
- Open the Group Policy Object that will have the policy set in the Group Policy Management Editor.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration, Policies, Administrative Template, Control Panel, User Accounts.
- Double-click Apply the default user logon picture to all users and click Enabled, then click OK.
- Close the Group Policy Editor.