Q. Do I need an Exchange Server license for my passive cluster continuous replication (CCR) node and standby continuous replication (SCR) server?

A. Yes. In a two-node Exchange 2007 CCR cluster, both nodes require Exchange 2007 Enterprise licenses. An SCR server also needs an Exchange server license, but you can use standard edition if you have five or fewer storage groups to replicate to the SCR (even from a CCR source). If you have more than five storage groups on the SCR, you need Enterprise.

Related Reading:



Check out hundreds more useful Q&As like this in John Savill's FAQ for Windows. Also, watch instructional videos made by John at ITTV.net.
Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.