Many users may not be aware of it but there is a first party podcast app built into Windows 10 Mobile and its predecessor Windows Phone 8.1.
The app is not chock full of features but it has the basic capabilities to subscribe and listen to your favorite podcasts.
Some of the Podcasts App capabilities and limitations include:
- Subscribe to your favorite shows through a Bing search or by providing the shows URL or RSS feed.
- Select whether shows can only be downloaded on Wi-Fi or an unlimited data plan. There is also an option to stream an episode instead of downloading it first.
- App must be opened up to check for new episodes and to download the latest episode(s) of your subscribed podcast.
- Adjust how many episodes to download and whether to listen to the oldest or newest episode across all of your subscriptions or establish these settings on a per show basis.
- Settings and subscriptions sync across the app and platforms (Windows 10 Mobile and Windows Phone 8.1).
- The Podcasts App is not available in Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 for PCs.
Of course, there are several alternatives in the Windows Store on both Windows 10/Windows 8.1 on PCs and Windows 10 Mobile/Windows Phone 8.1 that bring in many more features for your podcast subscriptions and listening.
The most popular app in this category is PODCASTS! and is available for desktop and mobile versions of Windows 8.1/10.