Microsoft Office's diagramming tools produce six types of diagrams:
- Organization chart
- Cycle diagram
- Radial diagram
- Pyramid diagram
- Venn diagram
- Target diagram
Each diagram is created using skills like those used to create an organization chart:
- Insert the diagram. A default diagram is created.
- Enable AutoFormat and select a style that is close to your desired result from the Style Gallery.
- Use AutoLayout and lay out the shapes in the diagram.
- Use the commands in the toolbar to insert shapes and control their layout.
- Disable AutoLayout and make any necessary changes to the layout of the diagram.
- Disable AutoFormat and make any necessary changes to the formatting of individual shapes or connectors.